Our pets are our family and so we want to make sure that we keep them happy and healthy. Let’s look at 7 key things you can do to keep your pet healthy.
- Spay and neuter your pet – In addition to the risk of pregnancy, there are a number of health risks associated with unneutered or unsprayed animals, so get your pets fixed young.
- Maintain a healthy weight – Just as obesity or being, overweight has its health risks for us, it also does for our pets. Feed your pets a healthy diet, do not overfeed, and watch for treats that have high sugar content.
- Vaccinate your pets annually – There are many deadly diseases such as rabies, parvo, distemper, etc. that can make your pet very sick or worse kill them, so make sure you vaccinate. If you choose not to vaccinate then have titter tests done to make sure they have immunity.
- Exercise your pet regularly – Important to keeping your pet healthy is making sure they get enough exercise. A walk a day is perfect but at minimum, you should get them out a few times a week.
- Keep your pet free of ticks, fleas, heartworm, and other parasite – Talk to your vet about available treatments.
- Feed a well balanced diet – Feed high quality food that’s high in nutrition and low in illers.
- See your vet annually for a checkup – Taking your pet for their checkup allows for any conditions to be diagnosed early. Your vet is a trained medical professional who has your pet’s best interest at heart.
Our pets are our family and so we want to make sure that we keep them happy and healthy.