1. Did you know that there are 300 bones in children and as they grow some of the bones fuse together so that by the time they are an adult they have 206 bones.
2. The most dangerous animal on the planet is the housefly, because the housefly has terrible habits, visiting animal waste, and then transmitting it. They transmit more diseases than any other animal.
3. The world’s largest amphibian is the giant salamander, which can grow up to 5 ft. in length
4. Snakes are true carnivorous because they eat nothing but other animals, and they never eat any type of plant material.
5. 90 years ago the Grand Canyon became a national monument and Cellophane was invented.
6. 70 years ago the teletype and PVC were invented.
7. 40 years ago an all-female population of lizards was discovered in Armenia.
8. 20 years ago: First test-tube baby born in England, Pluto’s moon, Charon, discovered.
9. The smallest bone in the human body is the stirrup bone located in the middle ear. It is approximately .11 inches or .28 cm long.
10. The blue whale can produce sounds up to 188 decibels making it the loudest sound produced by a living animal, and it is able to be detected as far away as 530 miles.
11. The poison arrow frogs of South and Central America are the most poisonous animals in the world.
12. A new born blue whale measures 20-26 long and weighs up to 6,614 pounds 3003 kg.
13. The Virginia opossum has a gestation period of only 12-13 days.
14. The largest meteorite crater in the world is in Winslow, Arizona, which is 4,150 feet across and 150 feet deep.
15. It takes about 12 hours for you to entirely digest your food.
16. The Sky Lab astronauts grew 1.5 – 2.25 inches due to spinal lengthening and straightening from zero gravity.
17. There is massive erosion at the base of Niagara Falls (USA), which undermines the shale cliffs, and as a result the falls have receded approximately 7 miles over the last 10,000 years.