Yahoo – vacation time is almost upon you but where will you go to relax, have some fun, and enjoy life? Will you choose a thrilling destination (white water rafting) or a chilling destination (sandy white beaches)? Will you choose sun (Bahamas) or snow (Alps)? And how do you decide? Glad you asked. Here are five simple steps to help you choose your vacation destination.
1. Decide which season you like the most.
2. If you are a winter person a ski trip might be perfect but if you are a summer person a warm sandy beach might be perfect.
3. If you are going to be travelling with your family, you need to have a discussion about what their favorite season is too. You may have to compromise if there’s a split in desire. But you can always agree to go the other direction next vacation. So if you choose summer this time you can agree your next vacation will be a winter destination.
4. Set your budget and begin to shop around. Start to look for cheap getaway packages for that season. There are two prime times to find the best pricing. A long time before your vacation dates, and short notice. The internet has made travel highly competitive so take advantage of it and use it to find the best prices.
5. Trying to decide where you will stay can be tough. Some of it will depend on your budget, and also what you are looking for out of your accommodations. Perhaps you would just like a hut on the beach with no amenities or maybe you want to stay in a five-star hotel with all the amenities. That’s a personal decision you’ll need to make.