Whether you want to create a website to help with your job search, market your business or sell your house, nowadays it couldn’t be easier. Just follow these seven simple steps:
- Get yourself a domain name – A domain name is nothing more than the Internet address that people use to find you or your company online; it might consist, for example, of your own name or your company name, e.g., www.johnsmith.com or www.computers4u.com. Just type “buy domain name” into your favorite search engine and you will find hundreds of sites where you can check whether your preferred name is available and reserve it.
- Get yourself a web host – A website host such as GoDaddy or DreamHost is the service that makes your website available for all to see, and many charge only a few dollars per month. Just type “website hosting services” into your search engine to find them. Most provide easy-to-use templates that just require you to add your own unique content, but usually the more you pay, the more flexibility you will have in terms of design.
- Decide on the content of your website, including text and images.
- Choose the layout and design of your web pages from the options available.
- Create your web pages.
- Review your content for errors and omissions and publish your site.
- Keep the information on your website up to date and add new pages if necessary.